Organizations often maintain “to do” lists for various purposes:
- Ideas and suggestions, as in a corporate “suggestion box”
- Follow-up items, which may come from various applications
- Problems that people have discovered, but for which a solution isn’t yet known
- Ideas for changes, which might become an MOC in the future.
The challenge faced by safety professionals is to implement a process to identify, consolidate and track the issues and critical action items generated from multiple applications.
FACILEX® Issue Management delivers a comprehensive management tool for initiation, assignment, review and reporting on all action items related to an issue, whether they were generated by:
- Incident Investigations,
- Capital Projects or
- Ad hoc action items
Key functionality includes the abilities to:
- Capture sufficient information about the issue to enable a resolution at some later time
- Classify the issues by department, facility, intended owner, urgency, etc.
- Configure the resolution at the proper level of complexity, from one-step resolution to dozens of steps.
The configuration of SharePoint to carry out a phased process is a unique feature of Gateway’s solution. All of the tasks are generated, assigned and tracked throughout the Issue lifecycle. SharePoint’s best in class document management platform enables easy integration with advanced reporting tools and secure, enterprise-wide access to these records, thereby enhancing corporate knowledge and safety.
FACILEX® applications can be easily accessed through the web browser on a computer, tablet or smart phone. Users gain a consistent user interface across all the applications that are deployed. Suite licensees can monitor action item and issue status across all applications.